Don’t get too excited, I haven’t uncovered a tomb or buried treasure, but I’m optimistic to get my trowel in the dirt by the beginning of July.
I am, however, in need of YOUR help. All good archaeological projects need a name. Something catchy that looks good on a t-shirt or in a logo. Unfortunately, my project does not have one…YET! That’s where you come in.
Starting today (June 20, 2012) there will be a contest to see who can create the best project name. Hopefully by now you’ve seen my website and know a bit about the project. Here are the contest guidelines/suggestions:
- The name must include “Huaricanga” somewhere.
- The name must be grammatically correct, e.g. Matt’s Archaeological Project (MAP) not Project Archaeological Matt’s (PAM).
- A good acronym is essential, e.g. Proyecto Arqueologico Norte Chico (PANC).
- The words may be in English (Matt’s Archaeological Project, MAP) or Spanish (Proyecto Arqueologico Norte Chico, PANC).
- All entries must be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or posted as a comment below by midnight on July 1, 2012.
The winner will receive access to the Special Content on the website as well as a lovely gift from Peru. Thanks for your help and I look forward to reading what you suggest!